what this blog is about

This blog is an eclectic one, having a little bit of everything thrown in here. I hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 20

Nicknames. I've had a few of these over the years.
  • Ferrari - most of my siblings, if not all of them, had this as a nickname as well. Pretty obvious why.
  • Manda Panda - my mom's nickname for me, and also my least favorite (sorry Mom). She was a substitute teacher, and in my ninth grade year, she subbed for a couple of my teachers. One of the times, she called on me by using this nickname. By the end of the day, seventh graders who I didn't even know were calling me this. Yeah, it was embarrassing. My brother in-law thinks it's funny that I don't like this name. He wants his son to start calling me this. I promised him physical pain the first time my nephew calls me Aunt Manda Panda.
  • Mandi - a few people know me as this. I never got used to people calling me this and sometimes wouldn't respond right away.
  • Manders - a friend who worked with me at Wendy's started calling me this and it stuck. The only people who call me this are ones who worked with me there.
  • Boo-Boo - yes, as in Yogi and Boo-Boo. I got this one from the same guy who started calling me Manders. The reason he started this was because of a mistake I made at work. It expanded to include others who became Yogi and Cindy Bear.
  • Viola - I had a friend who, in ninth grade, got into a friendly war with me in orchestra. Violins vs. Violas. She couldn't understand why I would give up playing the violin and switch to viola. We would swap jokes and banter. The orchestra director even enjoyed pitching in now and then. Ever since then she has referred to me as Viola.
  • Amanda Lynn - I don't have a middle name, just like all of my sisters, and a guy I went to school with in High School insisted that my middle name must be Lynn. A few people that I have told this story to, along with why I'm glad my name isn't Amanda Lynn, have taken to calling me this.
It's possible that I have missed one, and if you remind me, I'll come back and add it to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment