what this blog is about

This blog is an eclectic one, having a little bit of everything thrown in here. I hope you enjoy it!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 2

Today is the meaning behind my blog's name. Close to four years ago I got my fist dog, a chocolate lab. She is a pure blooded lab and I wanted to register her with the AKC.The AKC requires three names on the papers. I already knew I wanted to name her Naphtali. Seeing as I love music, I loved the sound of Naphtali's Melody. I couldn't think of a third name, so I simply named her Amanda's Naphtali Melody.  So, that is how my blog got its name. Naphtali is a name from the bible. It is Hebrew and means "to struggle". It is one of the twelve tribes of Israel. I call her Tali for short, pronounced Tall-e. This is one of my favorite pictures of her:

2 comments:

  1. That looks like it was taken on my back deck. Minus the snow, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! You can also tell that she is quite young still because of the blue collar she has on.

    ReplyDelete