what this blog is about

This blog is an eclectic one, having a little bit of everything thrown in here. I hope you enjoy it!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Party: Honeydukes

At our first Harry Potter marathon, we had some treats. We had chocolate frogs and pretzel wands. This time around, we took it up a few notches. Well, you'll see in the pictures below.
I made twenty-seven of these Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans boxes, and quite frankly, if I have to make one more it would be too soon. 
These all had various flavors of Jelly Bellies in them, but none of the disgusting flavors.
We made thirty-five chocolate frog boxes, with the chocolate frogs to go with them. This year they had famous witch and wizard cards in them. I made twenty-three different cards in all and all thirty-five boxes had one in it.
We did have a jar of the gross beans. Unfortunately, the gross ones and the good ones looked exactly the same so you never knew what you were going to get. We added cockroach clusters and acid pops this year, pictured below.

Sorry about the acid pops picture being fuzzy. The guests were starting to arrive and I never had a chance to get another photo taken before people started taking them.
Carma made the marauder's maps again this year for everyone to take. We also had Honeyduke's bags for them to put all of their goodies in.

And finally, a photo of the whole Honeyduke's Sweet Shoppe.
And here is the link for the Marauders Map template and instructions. My sister made them. She put tea in a spray bottle and sprayed each map and them baked them to make them look old. 

9 comments:

  1. I am absolutely amazed by this. I would love to have attended your party! ^.^
    Would you mind telling me how you made the Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans Boxes? I know how to make the Chocolate Frog Ones, but I've never seen these Bertie Bott's Boxes before... I'd be really grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so after half an hour (not kidding!) of googling, I found the image & instruction for this box. Thanks, without you I never would have thought to look for it. Maybe this year, my birthday party will be Harry Potter themed (even though I'm 21) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My party happened to be on my birthday, by coincidence, and I'm 27, so it's nothing to be ashamed of in my book! Glad you found the image! All the little things like that just make the party so much more fun for the guests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can i have a template for the marauders map?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister made the maps. I did a little searching and found them template.

    I added it to the end of the post. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you post the link for the chocolate frogs box please..?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out this blog post for the chocolate frog box template:

    chocolate from template

    ReplyDelete
  8. Click on the link in my previous comment to get to the map link.

    ReplyDelete