what this blog is about

This blog is an eclectic one, having a little bit of everything thrown in here. I hope you enjoy it!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Pinterest Trial # 3: Nails

I wanted to try something off of the "My Style" board that I have on Pinterest. Since St. Patrick's Day is on Saturday, I decided to make sure I had some green on and did my nails.
This was so easy to do.

The supplies:
Two different colors of nail polish, a top coat, scrapbook fun edged scissors, and tape. I did find that the best tape to use is the off-brand, doesn't really stick to things well, type of tape. I tried it first with regular scotch tape and had some problems.

Put your bottom color on using however many coats desired.
Put on a layer of top coat.
Rip off a piece of tape long enough to cover your nail and cut with the scissors to create your edge.
Place on your nail in the desired spot. I did half and half with my colors, but you may only want your second color to take up 1/3 of your nail.
Brush on your second color and carefully remove the tape.
Put on another layer of top coat.

That's all! Next time, I think I might do it across the top of my nail so the tip is a different color.

No comments:

Post a Comment