what this blog is about

This blog is an eclectic one, having a little bit of everything thrown in here. I hope you enjoy it!

Monday, February 13, 2012

February Pinterest Trial #1: Valentine's Day Wreath

Here is the first of what will probably be many Pinterest trials for this month! This one is a Valentine's wreath of argyle style hearts. It was super easy to make.

Supplies:
wreath form (I used a 12" Styrofoam wreath)
gray yarn
red and pink felt
hot glue gun
pen or marker
heart stencil or pattern
scissors 

My heart pattern was about 2 1/2" wide. Start by marking the hearts onto the felt and cutting them out. I used 6 hearts from each color of felt, 12 hearts in all. For a larger wreath, try 8 of each color.


Next, wrap your wreath form with the yarn. This was the most time consuming part of the project, and it only took me about twenty minutes (I had to stop every now and them to stretch my fingers). Use hot glue to hold the start of the yarn in place as well as the end.











Now, take your hearts and, alternating colors and direction, space them out on your wreath. Once you have them laid out to your liking, glue them down. Finally, take your yarn again and circle it around the wreath crossing over the heart going counter clockwise and clockwise to create the criss-cross pattern. Use some ribbon (I just used some of the yarn. I didn't have any ribbon on hand.) to hang the wreath up.

No comments:

Post a Comment