what this blog is about

This blog is an eclectic one, having a little bit of everything thrown in here. I hope you enjoy it!

Monday, January 23, 2012

January Pinterest Trial: Owl Cupcakes

Sorry I've been gone so long. Really, there is no excuse, so I'm not going to make one. Please just accept my apology.

I've become a little addicted to Pinterest and decided that I need to try one of my pins every month. This month I'm trying a pin from my Cooking board. I saw these really cute owl cupcakes and wanted to make them for a friends birthday. Unfortunately I got snowed in and she never got to see them.

Our walkway from the driveway to the front door

The path Carma and I dug to get the truck out!
The snow was so bad that we high-centered Carma's truck (yes, her big Dodge Ram truck) trying to get into the driveway. The second photo may not look like it, but the wall where we were throwing the snow is about 4 1/2 feet tall.

Anyways, on to the cupcakes! I used the items below (plus the eggs, water, and oil to make the cakes) for my trial.
I think they look less like owls and more like Grover the Muppet. I should have pipped the frosting onto the cupcakes to make it look like feathers, but I was tired from shoveling snow!
I think they are pretty cute, even if they don't quite look like owls! The one on the left looks better with the broken Oreos I used as ears. All in all I think this Pinterest trial turned out great! It defiantly got my mind working with ideas to decorate cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment